[gmx-developers] CVS is free again

Erik Lindahl erik at theophys.kth.se
Tue Aug 14 11:14:53 CEST 2001

Hi,

Since we've tagged the release and created a patch branch
you can do whatever you want on CVS again...

I've stolen the release numbering of the GNU tools, and changed
the number to gromacs-3.0a. I.e., letter modifiers denote
development versions, while patches will be called gromacs-3.0.1.

We can always change it if you want something else.

If you want to fix bugs in the release, change to the patch branch:

cvs update -r release-3-0-patches gmx

And edit & commit.

Switch back to the main branch with

cvs update -A

Dont' forget that you might have to recreate the configuration
script and automake files when you switch branches! You can find
documentation on how to do it at the website.

Regards,

Erik
Erik Lindahl, PhD                                erik at theophys.kth.se
Dept. Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen University, THE NETHERLANDS
Phone: +31 50 3634335    Fax: +31 50 3634800
(You can also reach me as lindahl at chem.rug.nl and lindahl at gromacs.org)
Hi! I'm a mutated .sig virus! Put me in ~/.signature to multiply me!