[gmx-developers] memory leak debugging ?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Fri Aug 9 11:08:25 CEST 2002

Hi,

after some accumulated frustration over losing a day for finding
a memory allocation related segfault in one of my programs, I tried
a simple malloc debugger, which was indeed helpful.

Now checking a bit more I found that there is a vast number of such
tools, so I wonder whether any of the people on gmx-developers have
experiences with packages such as

electric-fence
gccchecker
libleakbug1
njamd
ccmalloc
[..]

in particular in view of using them with gromacs code/extensions/
analysis programs.

Thanks,
  Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de