[gmx-developers] memory leak debugging ?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Fri Aug 9 19:20:44 CEST 2002

Hi Erik,

thanks a lot. Now if I write my own programs (partly for/with links/refs
to gromacs libs, etc.), what do I have to do to enable them too for
dmalloc debugging ? Do I have to link to a special object file ?

Usually I use the Gromacs memory routines (snew, sfree, ...) .. so is
this sufficient for having the debugging work ? (But my recent error
was actually by closing a file twice .. so I don't know whether that
would be debugged, too)

Sorry for these newby questions, but I am not very experienced with C
yet.

Cheers,
Marc

>>> Erik Lindahl said:
 >> Hi Mark,
 >>
 >> If you install 'dmalloc', you can just enable the configuration flag
 >> '--with-dmalloc'!
 >>
 >> Cheers,
 >>
 >> Erik

Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de