[gmx-developers] Re: bug in quotations

K.A. Feenstra Feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Aug 21 15:56:37 CEST 2002

Michael Patra wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Gromacs by default inserts some annoying quotations into all
> generated files. This behaviour turns into a bug if these quotations
> can no longer be processed by the Gromacs utilities. The following,
> for example, was put into a .top file
>
> ;       "One Ripple At a Time" (Bianca's Smut Shack)
>
> which means it can no longer be processed in the intended way
> since cpp no doesn't want to digest a single apostroph.

That was not what we intended to be the result of our "Cool Quotes"...

But, seeing that many of the "Quotes" contain single apostrophs,
and I neither encountered the problem before, nor heard of anyone
else having this problem, I am curious what system you are running
on? IMHO, cpp normally should ignore anything it doesn't understand,
especially if it is not inside a directive...

P.S. the proper place to send this type of remarks/reports is the
     developers mailing list.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"               |
|        | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                                   |