[gmx-developers] Re: Contents of gmx-developers digest...

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 22 19:18:36 CEST 2002

Mehmet Suezen wrote:
>>Michael Patra wrote:
>>
>>>Hello!
>>>
>>>Gromacs by default inserts some annoying quotations into all
>>>generated files.
>>

> I myself stongly disagreed about this comment. Humorous quatations
> is quite cool and makes simulations and analysis fun.

Well, Michael is definitely right that it's quite annoying if they break
things (it really doesn't matter if it's because of the cpp program) -
we're fixing that ;-)

By the way; it can be turned off by setting the environment variable
IAMCOOL to 'no' or 'NO'. I'm not sure what happens with the embedded
comments, but if they're not turned off it's a bug :-)

Cheers,

Erik