[gmx-developers] parallelization

Erik Lindahl erik at theophys.kth.se
Thu Jan 10 22:09:12 CET 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, David van der Spoel wrote:

> I hate to say this, but I'd prefer not to have C++ style comments because
> of portability. Or at least only if you are sure it works everywhere, like

Yep, I second that - I've spend too much time getting it to work on
various architectures. Of course those compilers are stupid, but we
can't do much about it and I prefer not relying on flags to enable C++
style comments since those might change or not even be present on some
old compilers...

Through trial & error I've found gcc/g77, IBM's xlc/xlf, SGI's cc/f77 and
the sun compilers to cover most cases of stupid compiler behaviour :-)

Cheers,

Erik