[gmx-developers] mdrun cmdline parsing

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Mon Jul 15 16:24:49 CEST 2002

Hi All,

Can somebody explain to me again why it is that mdrun does not do
the command line sanity check that is default for all other gromacs
programs? It happens to me regularly that I feed mdrun a .tpr file
with the '-f' option, which doesn't exist! So mdrun doesn't complain
and eats the default 'topol.tpr' in stead... ;-(

The only info I found on it on the site was a preavious reply from
David that "Actually I think we did not do parse_common_args on all
processors before, just on the master. Maybe it can go."
Anybody any more thoughts on this (affirmative and/or negative)?

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "Baseball Heroes Only" (P.J. Harvey)                      |