[gmx-developers] Checkpointing

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 10:12:41 CEST 2002

>From: Justin MacCallum <jlmaccal at ucalgary.ca>
>To: gmx-developers at gromacs.org
>Subject: [gmx-developers] Checkpointing
>Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:38:25 -0600 (MDT)
>

>Hi,
>
>what is the current status of checkpointing in Gromacs? I know that
>sending USR1 to a job will cause it to checkpoint itself (sortof). Does
>this work in parallel? Does anyone know how to make mpirun from lam-mpi
>less stupid?  IE, can you get it to pass signals on to the processes it
>spawns? I'm trying to get checkpointing to work in a PBS environment on
>Linux.

mdrun -h tells you how it works.
You should send a signal to one of the child processes (not the parent).
As fas as I know this works fine under lam-mpi.
I don't know what you mean exactly with "in a PBS environment". But you will
need to send a kill signal to a child process on the node it is running on.

Berk.