[gmx-developers] lipid-monolayer simulation.

vasudevan at iit.edu vasudevan at iit.edu
Fri Mar 29 18:47:25 CET 2002

hi
I am trying to simulate a lipid monolayer at the air/water interface. The
simulation cell is periodic in the x and the y directions. In the z direction,
the distance between the wall and the periodic image of the lipid tails
is arbitaraily chosen. I want to apply a wall potential so that it disallows
the diffusion of water into vaccum in the opposite direction (-z direction).
Is it possible to do this using gromacs3.0? If yes, then i would appreciate
if you could let me know how to do it.

Thanking you for your earliest attention.

Sheeja Vasudevan
Research Associate, BCPS
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL 60616