[gmx-developers] problem with debugging

Olesya Ivanova i_olesya at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 15:08:33 CET 2002

Dear gromacs developers!
I wrote my own analyzing program using your template
and want to debug it with DDD(I tried kdevelop too).
This is a part of my source code:
#include confio.h
void some_function(char* conf_fn)
{int natom;
 get_stx_coordnum(conf_fn,&natom);
 printf("%d",natom);
}
after executing of get_stx_coordnum debugger displays
strange value of natom,which differs from that one, i
saw as a result of  printf. It seems that the function
executed correctly, but debugger didn't "see" that!
And this mistake appears after calling of any gromacs
library function!!!!
What is the reason of this problem?
Can you advise me some other  debuggers (probably
which you are using for Linux) or I'm doing something
wrong?