[gmx-developers] Re: mdrun

Graham Smith smithgr at cancer.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 18:16:48 CEST 2002

Hi --

a couple of people have now asked me for a gmx v3 version of the
modified mdrun I made that can insert a protein into a bilayer - I'm
going to try to do this at last this weekend, but I'm worried about
the new version (3.2 or 3.1.5) that you say is about to come out:

Erik said before that you could probably incorporate the code into
mdrun; I'm not sure you'd think that if you saw the code - in
particular it isn't parallel, does an N^2 neighbour search and adds
about 10 command-line flags (though I'm going to try to fix that at
least, giving an input param file instead) - and even if you did like
it I don't know if we've got time to include it before the new
release? If it might be poss, could I have a deadline for giving you
the code; if not, then I'd like at least to work with the latest mdrun
version I can and submit it to you maybe for the release after next;
is the current CVS version more or less what the new release is going
to be?

Cheers

Graham

Dr. Graham R. Smith, 		       Department of Biological Sciences,
Biomolecular Modelling Laboratory,     Biochemistry Building,
Cancer Research UK, 		       Imperial College of Science,
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields, 	        Technology & Medicine,
London WC2A 3PX,		       London SW7 2AZ,
Tel: +44-(0)20 7269 3348 	       Tel: +44-(0)20 7594 5737
email: graham.smith at cancer.org.uk