[gmx-developers] Makefile.am's...

Giorgos Karvounis gk237 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 10 18:45:02 CET 2003

Hello dear developers,

i am kind of new in the world of "configure" and "Makefiles" and i have
a question about that. We have introduced some new subdirectories in the
'src' directory that do not contain neither Makefile nor Makefile.am.
They just include some modules (NO EXECUTABLES though) that we need, in
order to hack the  'mdrun' executable which is in the 'kernel'
subdirectory of 'src'. These modules are used to make mdrun, which is
inside kernel. The question is, in order to configure and 'make' the
program, do we have to write our own Makefile.am in each subdirectory,
and if yes is there any easy way of doing it? Furthermore, do we have to
change configure.in as well?