[gmx-developers] constraints

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 23 18:23:08 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 07:00 AM, Lakshmi Padmavathi wrote:

> Dear gromacs developers,
>

>      I would like to ask a question regarding the distance
> constraints. Is it possible in gromacs to constraint the distance
> between two amino acids of a protein structure?

An amino acid isn't a pointlike particle, so it's a bit more
complicated than that. A constraint is 100% hard - you probably want to
use a (possibly quite hard) restraint. You can:

1. Put distance restraints between any atoms
2. Put distance restraints between groups of atoms using the pull
package
3. Put orientation restraints on a groups of atoms (though not between
groups).

Cheers,

Erik