[gmx-developers] fshift

Daniele Bemporad DANIELE at biop.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 7 16:59:33 CEST 2003

Hi
Thanks for this, things begin to be clearer. Now, what is the criterion
according to which, for instance, "f_i" must be added to the virial in
box "t1", "f_j" to the "CENTRAL" box, "f_k" to "t2", and so on ? I
mean, how are the values of "t1", "t2" and "t3" chosen ? If the
answer is in appendix B (single sum virial), then I suppose I need to
understand what "[...] pick one of the grey atoms (atom j) and give it
the correct periodicity w.r.t. any of its black neighbours [...]" means.
Is it correct if I say that it means "pick atom j and consider the
distance of its nearest image from i" ? So, assuming the central box is
number 13, why sometimes do I get either "t1" or "t2" or "t3" different
from 13 even when in the last line of my .gro file I set the box
dimensions ~200 times larger than x_minimum, x_maximus, y_minimum,
y_maximus, z_minimum, z_maximus of my molecule, thus expecting the
nearest distance always being in the central box ?
Thanks again
Daniele Bemporad