[gmx-developers] inner loop and lennard-jones

Daniele Bemporad DANIELE at biop.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 1 11:03:18 CEST 2003

Hi all.
Thank you very much to David for the quick answer. Re-reading my e-mail
now, I'm realizing I hasn't been very clear.
The fact is that I need to apply a 4-8 potential between certain pairs of
atoms (namely between receptor and ligand) and standard 6-12 for all the
other interactions (ligand-ligand, receptor-receptor, ligand-water,
receptor-water, water-water). So I cannot define a unique potential. I
was thinking of going into the subroutine which calculates the
lennard-jones and put there an "if" statement: if (atom_number of the 2
atoms involved is between this and that value) then apply 4-8 pot, else
apply 6-12. That's why I presume I cannot use the -table option. Please
correct me if I'm wrong.
To test the code I have a simple system with 2 aminoacids in vacuum.
I'm using a very large cutoff to be sure that all atom-pairs between
the 2 aminoacids have an interaction. As I said, the only inner loop which
seems to be involved is the inl3300. But only the 1-4 interactions are
printed out (both lennard jones and coulomb). Is it correct that in this
case inl330 is involved? Reading its header, it seems so. But I cannot
succeed in finding where the other non-bonded interactions are
calculated. Any suggestions?
Thanks again
Daniele Bemporad