[gmx-developers] inner loop and lennard-jones

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Sun May 4 09:34:56 CEST 2003

Hi Daniele,

First, check the flopcount statistics at the end of your run for a
summary of which innerloops were used. Then check
gromacs/include/types/nrnb.h for an explanation of the innerloop
enumeration.

The 1,4-interactions are always tabulated for performance reasons
(inl3300), but that loop might not be used for the normal nonbonded
interactions.

You should also be aware that we use assembly loops on x86 hardware;
you can turn them off by setting the variable NOASSEMBLYLOOPS before
starting mdrun.

Cheers,

Erik