[gmx-developers] CVS updated / testers wanted

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Sun May 11 12:28:16 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 01:12:08PM +0200, David wrote:
> The plan is to release a version (3.1.5 or 3.2.0) in the very near
>
> I would like to ask for your cooperation in testing the software.

I was not testing that particular version yet, but your mail reminded me
I wanted to write because of an issue I had with mandir while trying to
package gmx for Debian:

# automake has started to put the man pages under share, and says it
# should be so according to FHS, but this is still debated so we keep
# the old setup unless the user says different.

 a) I didn't know it was debated, can somebody point me to the
    discussion?

if test "$mandir" = "\${prefix}/share/man"; then
  mandir="\${prefix}/man"
  AC_SUBST(mandir)
fi

  b) I'm no pro in configure stuff, but I tried with
     --mandir=${prefix}/share/man, and the manpages got installed in
     /usr/man, not /usr/share/man. Not sure how one could tell the
     default from not specifying anything, but the build-system I'm
     using sets all those dirs to locations mandated by debian-policy
     automatically

Michael