[gmx-developers] Re: any unsolved bugs left?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 14 03:25:44 CEST 2003

Hi Graham,

There are actually two releases in the pipeline; first we realized
there needs to be a new "stable" release since it was about a year
since the last one - this won't change the internal data structures
significantly, so it will probably only require a recompile for the
hole program.

Most of my 4.0 stuff is converging, so that one isn't too far off
either, but it might be a bit unstable at first. There are a couple of
new features we can incorporate for making holes; the energy
minimization is WAY better, and it will be possible to switch between
softcore/energy minimization/normal runs just by calling different
routines in the program... I haven't started looking at the details of
the holemaking code, though...

In summary: Yes, we definitely want it to be a part of the distribution
:-)

Cheers,

Erik