[gmx-developers] New program to visualize trajectories

Andres Colubri acolubri at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 30 23:08:35 CET 2003

Hello,

During the last months I've been working in a gpl, opengl-based program
to visualize protein structures, called yapview. Because it is geared
towards the display and handling of folding trajectories, I thought that
it might be useful for people using Gromacs.

The only problem is that yapview doesn't support the Gromacs trajectory
format (yet!). But it was created using a plugin architecture, this
means that support for new formats can be added with relative ease,
without having to modify the yapview source code itself.

Because I've no experience whatsoever with gromacs, I'd be very grateful
if you can provide some advice to start learning the details of the
trajectory format (where in the gromacs source code the data structures
are defined, for example). And if anybody is interested in helping me to
create a gromacs plugin for yapview, that would be great!

This is the webpage where the program binaries and source can be downloaded:
http://sosnick.uchicago.edu/aifoldlab/YAPView/YAPView.html

Best regards,
Andres