[gmx-developers] Coulomb LR energy totals on AMD???

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Fri Sep 12 09:50:09 CEST 2003

Erik Lindahl wrote:
[...]
> Hm.. I have a vague memory that David or I fixed something related to
> that, but it was minor and definitely didn't affect forces. I could send
> you a copy of newer AMD loops if you want, but the calling interface has
> changed in two ways:
>
> 1. All inner loops have exactly the same interface.
> 2. You have to provide a mutex and a counter.
>
> It's no big deal, but I don't have the time to backport or support it
> myself right now.

This also doesn't affect forces, witness the runtime of several ns,
which would be highly unlikely if these energies were correct!

I'd prefer upgrading to a newer version wholesale, anyway, instead
of involving myself in backporting and possible associated bugs ;-)

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| \_/ \_/ | | | Room P275  Tel: +31 20 44 47608  Fax: +31 20 44 47610 |
|             | "Don't Push Me, Cause I'm Close to the Edge" (Tricky) |