[gmx-developers] I want to import gromacs into Debian

nichloas at sohu.com nichloas at sohu.com
Sun Sep 21 02:58:46 CEST 2003

> I've built Debian packages of gromacs a while ago, don't know whether it
> was the current version. They're not yet integrated into the main debian
> archive, as I (i) wasn't entirely sure how to handle the libraries, i.e.
> make a package (and a development package) for both libgmx and libmd.
> Also, (ii) another point was writing descriptions for the packages, I
> did not have enough motivation. The last issue is (iii) that I wasn't
> sure anybody would be using them (I don't use Gromacs regularly, if at
> all), so I did not want to clutter up the debian archive with every
> chemistry-related application I got a hold on.

> I can upload those preliminary packages somewhere next week (when I'm
> back on broadband) and if Debian packages are really requested, I'll
> upload them into the main archive soon (so as they might get into the
> next stable Debian release, scheduled for the end of this year)

> Regards,

> Michael

Hello,
  I don't think a development pakcage of libgmx or libmd is necessary.
  And I only want to build a deb package and integrated into the main
debian archive. So i can install gromacs on my computer directly by
"apt-get install gromacs".

Regards,

Li Daobing

http://goto.sohu.com/goto.php3?code=libo-gz096mailzhujiao 球迷:英超正版球衣免费等你拿!