[gmx-developers] Extending Matrix data formats (xpm + others ...)

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:13:05 CEST 2004

>I would like to extend the output formats available for gromacs
>analysis programs that calculate matrix data. In addition to xpm
>I was thinking of ascii output that could be read by programs like R,
>octave, matlab or opendx.
>
>Is there a general way to achieve this ? (eg instead of changing every
>program that has matrix output individually, modify the xpm writing
>routine with an additional option for other formats or such)

Currently there is no general way to do this.
One could let the xpm writing calls (optionally) write some
ohter format, but you would also like to have the additional
file options in the programs.

But there are not that many files that write xpm's and even less
files that write xpm's that one might want to read with other software.
Which programs were you thinking of?

Berk.