[gmx-developers] Extending Matrix data formats (xpm + others ...)

David spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Apr 23 21:07:25 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 17:20, Marc Baaden wrote:
> oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk said:
> >>  I was thinking about the gOpenMol plt format for 3D array data
> [..]
> >> you could use the xfarbe format
> [..]
> >> if there emerges a common standard for writing this kind of data then
> >> I would happily use it
>
> There *is* a common standard .. eh two I mean:
>
>  [1] netCDF
>  [2] HDF5

I know.... Someday I will do it. The snag is that you need support from
zillions of extra libraries to compile gromacs... No joy. Maybe we
should push Linux distributions to put all that stuff in their default
distros. The same goes for numeric python (what you need for MMTK). No
joy to install, and it changes faster than lightning too.

--
David.
David van der Spoel, PhD, Assist. Prof., Molecular Biophysics group,