[gmx-developers] external potential ?

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Fri Feb 13 00:38:52 CET 2004

Ok, I understand, I have to preserve my kinetic energy.

Then, actually, for a box which hize is at least four times the cutoff, I
could do as follows:

if (x[i][ZZ] > (L/2)) {
   x[i][ZZ] = L-x[i][ZZ];
   v[i][ZZ] *= -1;
}
And the same for 0

(or variations on this theme)

If I make shure that all my molecules are within z=0 and z=L/2 at the
beginning of the run, I will have introduced a wall and a vacuum, and can
then apply my additional wall potential at z=0 and at z=L/2. This looks
like a very elegant solution to me. Thanks for the tip!

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research