[gmx-developers] MPI slower than Non-MPI gromacs

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:47:25 CET 2004

Hi William,

The Gromacs demo is an extremely small system. Since the innerloops are
coded in assembly it probably needs in the order of a millisecond to do
a step, and your MPI latencies are likely higher than this (or at least
in the same ballpark) if you are using the TCP/IP stack in windows and
ethernet...

Test it with the DPPC membrane system from the benchmark pages at
www.gromacs.org.

Cheers,

Erik