[gmx-developers] Re: g_chi 3.2

Graham Smith smithgr at cancer.org.uk
Wed Mar 10 16:15:01 CET 2004

Hi -

I've added another output option to g_chi, -cs chiprodentro.xvg;
this uses the probabilities of rotomer occupancies p
to calculate a configurational entropy for a sidechain
S = -R sum p ln p, and an effective number of rotamers visited
n_eff = exp(S/R). The xvg file contains
i, S, n_eff, n_eff/n_rot
got the idea from

Shenkin PS, Farid H, Fetrow JS.
Pediction and evaluation of side-chain conformations for
protein backbone structures.
Proteins. 1996 Nov;26(3):323-52.

I know you're going to put out 3.2.1 soon, and I hope you'll be able
to include this bit of code. Therefore I haven't uploaded it to
contributions, but you can get it from
www.bmm.icnet.uk/~smithgr/newchi_3.2.tar.gz
(contains
gromacs-3.2/src/tools/anadih.c