[gmx-developers] Writing energies from edsam tool

Oliver Lange olange at gwdg.de
Mon Mar 29 21:21:16 CEST 2004

Hi

i am currently coding conformational flooding into gromacs-3.2.1. I basically hooked it
into the edsam code since most of the functionality needed for flooding is already
there.
The routine force() calls do_flood() where i compute flooding energies and flooding
forces. The forces are added to the other forces so that the MD result is changed
accordingly.
The question is now, how can i elegantly write out the flooding energies in the ener.edr
files. To make things complicated the number of entries will vary. The number is known
after do_md() called init_edsam() which will initialise the flooding subparts and most
importantely read the flooding configuration file.

The question is now, can do_flood() call some kind of 'store_energie()' subroutine of
gromacs to write the energies or should i call somewhere in the mdrun code (where?) a
routine get_flooding_energies() which will deliver the energies.
I would prefer the first possibility, because than i can keep the flooding implementation
largely seperated from the standard gromacs md implementation. The confinement of my
additions to edsam.c would increase the maintainability.

Regards
Oliver

--
Oliver Lange