[gmx-developers] GROMACS 3.1.x and 3.2.x AltiVec support fix

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Thu May 6 02:42:17 CEST 2004

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for finding this. Just to make sure - this is a vanilla gcc, and
not the motorola-patched version? (Yellow Dog used to distribute a
motorola patch for gcc-2.95 before gcc had Altivec support, but I think
it's the vanilla version now).

The problem is that the OS X compiler is also "gcc" but the version
distributed by Apple doesn't use any altivec.h file (it isn't even
present).

Oh well, I guess I can see if there are any vendor predefined Macros on
OS X that aren't defined by the FSF version of gcc, or I can search for
an altivec.h file during the configure phase...

Cheers,

Erik