[gmx-developers] Regd. potential on grid caculation in PME

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Nov 9 20:30:13 CET 2004

Hi,

Have a look in src/mdlib/pme.c, routine gather_f_bsplines(). The
potential at the points is available through the th{x/y/z} arrays, and
the derivative in dth{x/y/z}.

It looks somewhat complicated due to the 4th order interpolation. The
best source of documentation on it is probably the Darden smooth PME
paper (Essman, 1995).

Cheers,

Erik