[gmx-developers] mpi error

Junmin Quan junminq at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 10:31:55 CEST 2005

Dear All,

   When I run the CVS version of gromacs on a dual processors (dual
opteron) system, I met the following error. I compile gromacs with
--enable-mpi, I have setup lammpi, fftw for mpi.   Any suggestion is
grateful.

Best

Sorkiller

sz040:198> lamboot

LAM 7.1.1/MPI 2 C++/ROMIO - Indiana University

sz040:199> mpirun -np 2 mdrun -s test-pr.tpr -o test-pr.trr -c test-b4md.gro

sz040:200>

Back Off! I just backed up ener.edr to ./#ener.edr.2#
starting mdrun 'in water'
10000 steps,     20.0 ps.

One of the processes started by mpirun has exited with a nonzero exit
code.  This typically indicates that the process finished in error.
If your process did not finish in error, be sure to include a "return
0" or "exit(0)" in your C code before exiting the application.

PID 26663 failed on node n0 (219.223.206.40) due to signal 11.