[gmx-developers] Gromacs hardware

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Apr 26 12:02:34 CEST 2005

Hi Brendan,

You're certainly more than welcome to try it - we just wanted to make
sure you knew the current situation before putting a lot of work into
it!

In a way, the single-instruction-multiple-data instructions we use in
the SSE and Altivec inner loop implementations are similar to DSP
chips. At least the G4 (Altivec) is used pretty heavily for DSP
applications too, IIRC.

Cheers,

Erik