[gmx-developers] Re: pppm

Jason de Joannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Wed Apr 27 22:34:04 CEST 2005

Hi All,

  A few comments about pppm or p3m...

1) It is an Ewald sum.
     (with a k-space tweak to make it faster - like PME)
2) It converges.
     (can be carried out to any accuracy, just like plain Ewald and PME)
3) It might be faster than PME, although they scale the same.
     (I'm not sure there is a consensus about this in the literature)
4) There is a published k-space error formula.
     (In contrast to PME. This aids parameter selection -- fewer surprises.)

/Jason

--
Jason de Joannis, Ph.D.
Emory University