[gmx-developers] More about the Ekin issue.

Xavier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Mon Aug 15 18:17:15 CEST 2005

Berk Hess wrote:

>> Ok, I sorted out the problems.
>>
>> 1) for the small system, the reaction-field was actually gone from
>> the mdp file
>> I used to run gmx33b. Using the tpr from gmx3.1 gives a difference of
>> Epot
>> but this time it is what one would expect from the difference of T.
>> 2) for the big system the RF for excluded atoms was responsible.
>> Again using
>> the tpr from gmx3.1 give a difference but expected from the
>> difference in T.
>>
>> I'd like to get more detail about this RF correction that is included
>> (or excluded)
>> in gmx33. could you be more precise ?
>

> See the CVS manual and the CVS mdp_opt.html

where can I find the CVS Manual ?

> BTW the CVS code also includes nice REMD code (in which I will fix the
> NPT part today).

I know about this version... and actually tried it. But I am used to
another one where I can
manipulate everything very easily !! Next project probably ... where
would I find the analysis
tools of REMD ??

Best
XAvier

--
----------------------------------
 Xavier Periole - Ph.D.

 Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry / MD Group
 Univ. of Groningen
 Nijenborgh 4
 9747 AG Groningen
 The Netherlands