[gmx-developers] TI and PMe in GROMACS

Martin Lepsik lepsik at uochb.cas.cz
Tue Feb 15 16:12:20 CET 2005

Dear GMX developers!
we have implemented thermodynamic integration into GROMACS 3.1.4. but
there is incompatibility with the particle mesh Ewald electrostatics due
to lattice-sum artifacts. I fear using cutoff or reaction-field due to
cutoff artifacts.

Could you please advise us on how to proceed?(One way would probably be
to wait for GMX-3.3. where the problems will have been solved... But we
want to go forward fast.) Is TI with PME principally allowable?

Looking forward to your replies.

Best regards,

Martin Lepsik

--