[gmx-developers] CVS code on Opteron/Xeon EMT64/IT2/G5

Sherwin J. Singer singer at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Fri Feb 18 20:50:10 CET 2005

Mike:

Are you running serial on a single CPU, or parallel?

Students in my group are running Gromacs on an itanium cluster at the
Ohio Supercomputer Center (www.osc.edu/hpc/computing/ipf), and we are
having some strange problems with the Coulomb(LR) energy.

Basically, the Coulomb(LR) energy evaluates to different numerical
values depending on the number of nodes being used and the size of the
simulated system.  The difference is substantial, and is not a roundoff
effect.

We would appreciate if we could look for the same effect on your
itanium, if it is a cluster.  If the problem is reproduced, there could
be a bug in Gromacs.  If the problem is not reproduced, we would love to
transfer your knowledge of how to compile Gromacs to the system
administrator at the Ohio Supercomputer Center.

Are you able to help us out?

--

Sherwin Singer
Department of Chemistry