[gmx-developers] CVS implementation of REMD

Ken Rotondi ksr at chemistry.umass.edu
Thu Jun 2 22:43:04 CEST 2005

Hello all,

Okay, I've been wearing another hat for the last few days. It would
appear that I've figured this out and wanted to post for the general
good.

Berk:

I'm running the VERSION 3.3_beta_20050202 CVS code:

I was worried that trying to simulate only 2 replicas was somehow
bollocksing up the works, so I created 4 .tpr files named (in
increasing temperature) topol0.tpr, topol1.tpr, topol2.tpr, &
topol3.tpr using the:

grompp -f 1.mdp -po 1out.mdp -c md8.gro -p p39a.top -o topol0.tpr

command

The
mpirun -np 4 mdrun -multi -replex 200 -reseed 1

command would appear to start a REMD run (4 sets of "starting mdrun
'protein in water' tags appear).

Next question, are the acceptance ratios for exchange part of the
standard output? If not how could one extract them (they are important,
so I assume that they would be part of the output)?

Many thanks for the persistent help,

Ken