[gmx-developers] Re: MCMD, dynamic topology, constraints

Jason de Joannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Thu Jun 16 18:07:27 CEST 2005

Here is what I have done for turning off Lincs constraints.
In update() after the call to constrain(), for those constraints
with type set to zero, I replace the new coords "xprime" with the
unconstrained ones "x_unc". This seems to work because the simulation
does not crash any more. Of course it does generate a lot of
Lincs warnings but that is okay.

I think this approach also gets the constraint forces and virial right.
Are there any caveats/problems with this approach?

Another idea I had was to use
bllen[b] = bllen0[b];
inside constrain_lincs(). The idea is to trick mdrun into thinking
that the current constraint length "bllen" is equal to the
set-point "bllen0". I don't know why this didn't work (i.e. crash).

A word of explanation for the constraint blocks would help if anyone
knows how they work...

/Jason