[gmx-developers] Re: gmx-developers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 9

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Wed Jun 22 09:43:30 CEST 2005

Michael Shirts wrote:
> Can somebody explain why this code was used to assign the correct
> histidine topology?  This seems to be an algorithmic bug.  I can try
> to fix it, but I'd prefer not to until I understand why this is here
> in the first place, as I might be misunderstanding what it's doing.

The code analyzes hydrogen bonding (networks) in the structure to assign
the most probable protonation state, and seems to do a proper job there.
Indeed, it has to do with more than just topology assignment. Other than
that, I've never even looked at this part of the code, so can't help you
there.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |