[gmx-developers] CVS Version - segmentation faults in double precision

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Wed Jun 22 10:57:50 CEST 2005

>>> Berk Hess said:
[..]
 >> It could be many things.
 >> Compilation problems for instance.
 >> The first thing to try is check out a fresh CVS tree and compile only a
 >> double precision
 >> version.
 >> It could depend on the machine type. I am running a 64 bit compilation
 >> on an AMD64.
 >> On thing to check could be doing:
 >> setenv NOASSEMBLYLOOPS
 >> and then run, if this runs there is a problem with running the assembly
 >> loops.
 >>
 >> You can also use the debugger.
 >> Compile with:
 >> make CFLAGS=-g
 >> and then run mdrun with gdb.

Thanks for these precious suggestions.

Running with NOASSEMBLYLOOPS works ... !!
... so what exactly means problem with the assembly loops ?
A problem (bug) in Gromacs, or some problem with the assembler
used on my machine locally, or .. ?

Thanks,
Marc

--
 BioMolSim meeting 2&3 Sep 2005: http://www.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr/satellite2005/

 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr
 FAX: +33 15841 5026  -  Tel: +33 15841 5176  ou  +33 609 843217