[gmx-developers] gromacs on GPU

zrotsch at gmail.com zrotsch at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:35:34 CEST 2005

Hello!

 Sorry if this is not the most right forum to post my question here,
but since I am newbie, I will try to proceed here.

 To put it philosophically, developing computer program procedures
involves mainly development of syntactic (formal symbol manipulation)
engine and only partly with regard to specific hardware (since it is
represented on system's level as formal code with regard to device
drivers).

 Can someone formulate in the very basic way why it is so hard to
develop a mathematical engine for running GROMACS on GPU (for a group
of science oriented people)?

Thank you.
--
zrotsch