[gmx-developers] CVS implementation of REMD

Ken Rotondi ksr at chemistry.umass.edu
Wed May 25 15:17:42 CEST 2005

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm probably doing more than two things
incorrectly...

Okay, I used grompp to generate sequentially numbered .tpr files using:

grompp -v -f 1.mdp -po 1out.mdp -c md8.gro -p p39a.top -o topol0.tpr

grompp -v -f 2.mdp -po 2out.mdp -c md8.gro -p p39a.top -o topol1.tpr

where 1.mdp and 2.mdp are .mdp files for adjacent temperatures in a
REMD analysis I am setting up.

Then I ran mdrun:

mdrun -v -multi -np 2 -replex 20 -s topol.tpr

Response?

Can not open file:
topol.tpr

So I tried

mdrun -v -multi -np 2 -replex 20

same result.

A nice, simple, example of grompp and mdrun statements to achieve REMD
would help a lot and likely avoid lots of back and forth.

Sorry to keep pestering,

Ken