[gmx-developers] gromacs 3.3

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Mon Oct 10 16:54:23 CEST 2005

Hi Rainer,

Gromacs doesn't know anything about dual core. From our perspective,
it is just four separate MPI processes, and the fact they are running
on the same node just means the communication is faster.

I would be extremely surprised if LAM-MPI had any dual-core specific
stuff too.

1. Download the CPU stresstest program from www.gromacs.org and let 4
copies run overnight.
2. Upgrade the kernel

You can also try running 4 separate simulations in parallel, to
separate MPI-related problems from hardware context-switching problems.

Cheers,

Erik