[gmx-developers] Cray XD-1

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Thu Oct 13 21:05:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

In principle yes - they are running Linux. Since it contains Opteron
processors it should even be incredibly fast.

However, the caveat is that we haven't tried it ourselves, so it
might need a tweak or two in the configuration script, partly
depending on the compiler you use.

The safest bet is to use GCC. This will still give you great
performance if the x86-64 assembly loops are enabled, since our
assembly kernels are just passed through the compiler.

Cheers,

Erik

On Oct 13, 2005, at 8:26 PM, Scott Thibault wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does gromacs support this platform?
>
> Thanks,
> --Scott

Erik Lindahl  <lindahl at sbc.su.se>
Assistant Professor, Stockholm Bioinformatics Center
Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 5537 8564     Fax: +46 8 5537 8214