[gmx-developers] suggestion for PME for 3.3.1 for free_energy=yes

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Apr 4 13:18:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

Perfect. For reference, since some of this was discussed outside the
list:

The actual PME grid interpolation occurs in scaled relative
coordinates along the triclinic box vectors. For this reason we made
some tests where the fourierspacing was determined along the vectors
rather than in orthogonal cartesian space, and this seemed to solve
the issues David reported.

Since the cell is skewed the _volume_ per grid cell for a given
spacing will actually be smaller in a triclinic cell compared to a
rectangular one, so you might want to play around with those settings
to get the last bit of performance.

Cheers,

Erik