[gmx-developers] tpr format

Xavier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Thu Apr 20 17:38:00 CEST 2006

nmichaud at jhu.edu wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is the tpr format documented anywhere (besides the source). I would like
>to use gromacs' geometric analysis tools for a simulation I did with
>NAMD. The trajectory I can convert from dcd to xtc, (is there also

vmd 1.8.4 can write trajectory in trr format !!

>documentation for the trr/trj format), but require either a tpr, tpb
>or tpa (what is the difference between all these?) for most of the
>analysis tools.

For many of the analysis tools you can use a coordinate file, either gro
or pdb file.
To get a tpr file is quite easy from a pdb file if your system is a
protein. Adding
solvent would more problematic, but feasible.

pdb2gmx -f file.pdb gives you a topol.tpr that you can use.

Best
XAvier

--
----------------------------------
 Xavier Periole - Ph.D.

 Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry / MD Group
 Univ. of Groningen
 Nijenborgh 4
 9747 AG Groningen
 The Netherlands