[gmx-developers] g_hbond development

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Aug 2 13:42:03 CEST 2006

Before I went on vacation I managed to make the necessary changes to
gmx_hbond.c. However, I forgot to tell you all about it (dunno if you're
interested at all, but here goes). I decided to go for a different
strategy than originally planned (see below). Here is what I wrote to
the log:

revision 1.16.2.16
date: 2006/07/03 14:25:08;  author: erikm;  state: Exp;  lines: +132
-110
Added option -r2 for providing a second cut-off (see my post at gmx-
developers about a weak ago)

I chose a different strategy than I originally planned (once again, see
gmx-developers). Instead, when the program runs in contact-mode,
contacts are stored in the h-bond array h[] and contacts within r2 are
stored in the contact array g[]. This saves a lot of memory and most
parts of the code was insensitive, or could be 'desensitized', to
whether h-bonds or contacts was to be analyzed. Note however, that
is_hbond(...) now returns hbHB for contacts when operating in contact
mode.

I haven't had time to bug test the new code much, but when I return from
my summer vacation the 1:st of August I'll do it more thoroughly. I
guess there may be
some confusing output saying 'contacts' instead of 'h-bonds' and the
other way around

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Department of cellular biology, Molecular biophysics group
Uppsala University
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se

-----

There you go.
I still haven't had time to test it properly, but it won't be long now.

/Erik