[gmx-developers] how to write a xtc file in c

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Thu Aug 10 09:23:46 CEST 2006

Dear David,

Thank you for your reply. I know we can use trjconv to convert a gro
file to a xtc file, but I need to write a xtc file manually by myself.
One way to do it is that I can write a gro file manually, then convert
it to xtc. As I said in the previous email, gro file is larger than xtc,
so I want to write a xtc file in the first place.

Could you please tell me the format of xtc, or give me a piece of code
to write a xtc file? Thank you!

All the best!

Dongsheng