[gmx-developers] how to write a xtc file in c

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Thu Aug 10 16:15:34 CEST 2006

Dear GMX developers,

Thank you all for good comments!!!

In my case, I would like to calculate the inter-molecular interactions
(LJ and user defined potentials). Do you think xtc is good enough, or I
have to use trr? Could you please tell me what's the difference related
to potential energy calculation (except for precision issue)?

All the best!

Dongsheng

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 13:39 +0200, Berk Hess wrote:
> Yang Ye wrote:
>
> > X.Periole wrote:

> >> You MUST use trr format !! The xtc format is not precise
> >> enough and will introduce artefact in your energies ...
> >
> > Good point!
> >
> That all depends on what kind of energies you are calculating
> and how accurate you want them.
> I many cases the default xtc precision is enough.

In my case, I would like to calculate the inter-molecule interactions