[gmx-developers] [Fwd: RE: [gmx-users] g_hbond]

Moore, Jonathan (J) JMoore2 at dow.com
Wed Aug 23 16:44:06 CEST 2006

To me, replacing the legends with h(t) and g(t) (though more informative for the GROMACS expert) is even less helpful to the average user because it is more obscure.  The better option to me is to add an explanation to the online, paper, and -h documentation.  Right now, the explanation for -num simply says "number of hydrogen bonds as a function of time", i.e. doesn't mention the pairs within 0.35 at all.  You could simply add to the documentation the explanation that you gave me "Pairs within 0.35 nm, but with angle > 30o.

About the ordering of -hbn and -hbm output, the main point is to clearly define in the documentation what the orders are.  I typically post-process my output with perl scripts, so it's a little more complicated that I have to go in reverse order to match hbond existence with hbond identity...but now that I know it, now I can do it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan Moore, Ph.D.
Research and Engineering Sciences - New Products
Core R&D
The Dow Chemical Company
1702 Building, Office 4E
Midland, MI 48674  USA