[gmx-developers] WARNING: Found more than 12 triclinic correction vectors, ignoring some.

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:01:15 CET 2006

Hi Berk,

No, I'm not using CVS code. But I was not aware of this requirement,
which is not mentioned in the manual. There it's stated (equation 3.3)
that neither |box[1][x]| nor |box[2][x]| should be larger than
box[0][x]/2. It doesn't mention the combination. Also, although it is
always possible to transform the box to meet the requirements
mentioned in the manual, I believe this is not so for the requirement
you mention. That would mean that certain lattice arrangements are
thus forbidden in Gromacs. Or am I missing something?

What is the consequence of having more than 12 correction vectors? I
presume they are used to short cut determination of minimal distances.
So, with more correction vectors, this may be slower in some cases? It
seems not to affect the simulation in any case.

Tsjerk